RSS Feed

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Duncan Jones


I'm pluggin' the action-thriller sci-fi trailer for Source Code, the second feature film from director Duncan Jones. I have yet to see this film, but so far it has received favorable reviews and I look forward to seeing it and writing a review of my own.

Duncan's first feature film, MOON, is absolutely one of the best and most intriguing movies of the 21st Century science fiction genre. Moon is a mysterious and speculative film about survival and identity, demonstrating genuine craft and story telling. The role of Sam Bell was specifically written for the strangely provocative Sam Rockwell, and played to perfection multiple times over. Kevin Spacey lends his eerie voice to GERTY, an AI-computer robot. The whole movie is incredibly intimate, created as practically as possible with a small crew on just $5 Million dollars and completed in just over a month. The score (composed by Clint Mansell) is downright brilliant, too.

-Moon

Trivia: Duncan Jones was no-one-in-particular before making Moon, except that he has come to this Earth from the loins of David Bowie.

2 comments:

  1. I too am a huge fan of MOON, Sam Rockwell, and Duncan Jones, who I believe to be one of the most talented, up-and-coming young directors in the business. MOON was so well done, and received, that it caught the attention of the major studios and landed the first-time director a studio deal, and a huge budget, for his second movie, Source Code, which I'm looking forward to as much as you are. Thanks for highlighting this talented guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love indie films! Thanks for pointing me in the direction of "Moon"!

    ReplyDelete